WARNING: Your browser does not support JavaScript or JavaScript is turned off.

History

History

The Navy Officers’ Wives’ Club of Washington, D.C. in 1959 had the notion of creating a home which was “secure, companionable, and dignified”- a home where companionship and socializing would flourish— for Navy widows quickly captured the attention of senior sea service leaders, as well as Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard wives’ clubs worldwide. Two years later, Navy Marine Coast Guard Residence Foundation was formed to support this endeavor. On June 23, 1969, Vinson Hall Retirement Community opened its doors, providing a senior living community fostering dignity, security, and friendship to sea service widows regardless of financial status.

Over the years the community expanded, offering an assisted living and nursing residence at Arleigh Burke Pavilion which opened in 1992; The Sylvestery, a memory support assisted living residence opened in 2003; the Independent Living Building opened in 2014; and Arleigh Burke’s short-term rehabilitation which opened in 2015.

Want to learn more about Vinson Hall?

Required Fields *

Complete Sitemap