Navy Marine Coast Guard Residence Foundation was established in 1961 by the Naval Officer’s Wives’ Club of Washington, D.C. to provide housing for military officers’ widows who were not left sufficient funds to live in dignity when their husbands passed away. Today, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports the Vinson Hall Retirement Community raising funds for three purposes:
- Resident Assistance Fund— our Resident Assistance Fund supports veterans and seniors in our community who have outlived their resources so they can continue to age in place. With NMCGRF's support, a Vinson Hall Retirement Community resident is never asked to leave because of an inability to pay
- Research and Technology— In addition to offering a broad range of state-of-the-art amenities, activities, and services to its residents, NMCGRF is instrumental in bringing together many of the nation’s experts on aging and healthcare to showcase the ways in which innovative practices and new technology can be of benefit to today’s seniors
- Wounded Warrior Transitional Housing— Wounded Warrior Transitional Housing at Vinson Hall provides housing for wounded, injured, and will service members who are in need of some support as they transition to the next chapter of their life.
The mission of Navy Marine Coast Guard Residence Foundation is to enrich the lives of those around us, so they are free to live life to the fullest.
Our vision is to lead in creating and delivering innovative solutions, so those around us can live life "their way."
Ways to Give
Online Donations: Click here on our secure website to make a gift online.
Cash/Check Donations: Mail a check made out to NMCGRF, 6251 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA 22101. Call our office to make a credit card gift by phone or to set up a recurring monthly gift from a credit card or your checking account. 703-538-2970
- Memorials and Tributes: Honor or memorialize someone special by making a donation to NMCGRF in that person’s name. Make a tribute gift to honor a significant event in someone’s life. Purchase an engraved paver through our Legacy Walk Program.
- Naming Opportunities: Select a special location on our campus from the list of naming opportunities to show your support of NMCGRF. Opportunities for permanent recognition on campus start at $2,500 with multi-year pledge options available.
- Workplace Giving: Workplace giving is an easy and efficient way to make tax-deductible donations to the charities you care about, typically with donations taken directly out of your paycheck. CFC Number #59579.
- Securities: Give the gift of appreciated stock. Please contact the Foundation prior to your transfer.
- Planned Giving: Whether you would like to put your donation to work today or benefit us after your lifetime, you can find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and support NMCGRF.
- In-Kind Donations: NMCGRF/VHRC accepts gifts in-kind for use by our community on a case by case basis. Please contact the development team at email@example.com before bringing your item(s) in for donation. Smaller, household items are accepted at the Treasure Shop, NMCGRF’s consignment and thrift store. Click here for a list of items that the Treasure Shop accepts. Please contact the shop directly at 703-536-7467 if you have any questions about its acceptance policies. Please note that neither NMCGRF nor the Treasure Shop accepts clothing, or used medical equipment.